There are some women in this world that can sit there in silence after a long day, content to recharge without the help of anyone or anything.
And then, of course, there are other women who, try as they might, find it impossible to quiet the mind and relax (even when they’re well aware that they are running on empty) without engaging in an all-consuming activity.
You see, we all operate differently. And how we operate during the day tends to reflect the way we operate at night. It’s incredibly common for working women that lead busy lifestyles to really struggle when it comes to slowing down the pace for crucial moments of relaxation.
When your input is constantly called for, you learn how to deal with the demands. You force yourself into a ‘state’ that is able to cope with the pressure. And when you’ve spent so many hours in this honed state of efficiency, it’s not always easy to come out of...
Luckily, there are tools to help you unwind. Tools that keep you occupied and feeling productive, yet work to calm the mind and relieve built-up tension.
If you haven’t guessed it already, the tools we talk of are books and baths.
No matter what problem you’ve got or kind of day you’ve had, both reading and bathing are amazing ‘activities’ that 1) slow you down, by nature and 2) have the ability to reduce anxiety.
With that in mind, we’ve put together the ultimate checklist of books you’ve got to have for the bath – so that you can spend a little less time researching and much more relaxing!
The Ultimate Checklist of Books for the Bath - Working Women’s Edition:
- #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso - http://www.girlboss.com/books-by-sophia-amoruso/
- Why Not Me? By Mindy Kaling - https://www.amazon.com/Why-Not-Me-Mindy-Kaling/dp/0804138168
- Bossypants by Tina Fey - https://www.amazon.com/Bossypants-Tina-Fey/dp/0316056898
- Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg - https://www.forbes.com/sites/susanadams/2013/03/04/10-things-sheryl-sandberg-gets-exactly-right-in-lean-in/#2e23239e7ada
- How to Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran - https://www.amazon.com/How-Be-Woman-Caitlin-Moran/dp/B00YFUX1DE
- Nice Girls Don’t Get the Corner Office: 101 Unconscious Mistakes Women Make That Sabotage Their Careers by Lois P. Frankel - http://www.summary.com/book-reviews/_/Nice-Girls-Dont-Get-the-Corner-Office/
- Start Something That Matters by Blake Mycoskie - https://www.amazon.com/Start-Something-Matters-Blake-Mycoskie/dp/0812981448
- I Shouldn’t Be Telling You This: Success Secrets Every Gutsy Girl Should Know by Kate White - https://www.amazon.com/Shouldnt-Telling-You-This-Promotion/dp/006212210X
- Tribes by Seth Godin - https://www.amazon.com/Tribes-We-Need-You-Lead/dp/1491514736
- The 4-Hour Work Week by Timothy Ferris - https://fourhourworkweek.com/
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown - http://gregmckeown.com/book/
- Coach Yourself to Success by Talane Miedaner - https://www.amazon.com/Coach-Yourself-Success-Personal-Reaching/dp/0809225379
- The Confidence Code: The Science and Art of Self-Assurance – What Women Should Know - http://theconfidencecode.com/
- If You Have to Cry, Go Outside: And Other Things Your Mother Never Told You - https://www.amazon.com/If-You-Have-Cry-Outside/dp/0061930946
- Play Big: Find Your Voice, Your Mission, Your Message by Tara Mohr - http://www.taramohr.com/book/
PS. Don’t forget to amplify the aura with one of our luxury bath fizzers, made of healing Shea butter, natural oils, and fresh scents.